VGT-P products related to an image acquisition Examples of VGT-P product
VGT-S products related to a temporal series of images
Access to Vegetation Products
The commercial distribution of Vegetation products is done by VITO (since January 2007). Under special conditions the products can be delivered at cost price for scientific use. For this a request should be sent to the scientific Principal Investigator.
The products can be ordered either by subscription (systematic production and delivery of the acquired data over an area during a given period), or by order through an interactive catalogue.
The products are available under very short delays:
- 2 days after the image acquisition for VGT-P and VGT-S1 products
- 2 days after the end of a 10-day period for VGT-S10 products.
Different options are proposed to users to adapte the products to their needs:
- choice of the interest area (product limited to this area),
- choice of the cartographic projection,
- choice of the spatial resolution (1, 4 or 8 km),
- choice of the image channels and auxiliary data (reflectances in the different bands, NDVI, solar angles, viewing angles, cloud mask...)
- choice of the delivery medium (ftp, CD-ROM, DLT, DAT...).
Since September 2001, data acquired more than 3 months ago are free of charge and delivered by ftp:
- VGT-S10 and VGT-D10 products: directly accessible, following a predifined cutting by continent, with possibility to use a tool (VGTExtract) to extract the interest area, on this http://free.vgt.vito.be/ site
- VGT-P products: available in standard projection (latitude, longitude) under ordering to VITO